Sunday, August 31, 2008

UPDATE: Husband in Houston Texas



UPDATE #2 (9/15/08): John and our employees made it safe to Houston, Texas. They are working morning, day and night in the rain and taking trees off of houses. They are swamped with work. It has been raining non-stop so I am hoping they are able to at least eat a good meal. There is not really good cell phone communication at this time. So I talk to dh when I can. I am guessing he will not be home in three weeks like the original plan.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our tree service is almost ready to leave to go down south for hurricane relief work down south to hurricane Gustav. I imagine their will be tons of trees on house, debris to remove, and stump work. That's why we are heading down there. I will tell you how saddened I felt when looking on past articles, and videos on Katrina. My heart breaks every time seeing all of that. The panic, and uncertainty these people faced could now be very real with this upcoming hurricane in the next few days.

We have been preparing very hard to get ready for our guys to leave. Trucks are packed to the hilt, motor home, and another camper packed. Extra gas, water, and all our equipment. It has been very stressful but I do stick by my husband who I will dearly miss for at least his month or more stay. The children are sad, and don't want daddy to go but I think they understand why daddy does what he does.

We have to tell our local customers that tree work is halted until they get back. Some understand others are too much in a rush.

I do however feel so much better that we purchased a USED motor home for the guys to stay in and call home away from home in times like this. There will be 6 guys + my husband. So if you see us wave and send good thoughts and perseverance their way as they will need it.

I am scared....... as tree work is very dangerous especially in wet conditions but fear will not get me down this trip. I can still remember him going down for Katrina. There were some rough moments but then there were some bittersweet moments as well to follow. I will be posting pictures of our trucks and equipment.

They will have to fend for themselves with the cooking and hoping that they eat enough fresh veggies and fruits with their meat. The charcoal grill will be used a lot. I even put the right measuring cup for the coffee grounds where he won't forget. He is a just pour some grounds add water type of guy. But they deserve a cup of eye wakening coffee to start their hectic non-stop work through the day and evenings.

We are not sure exactly where they will end up but probably Louisiana near New Orleans maybe. It depends on the weather updates and where it is expected to hit.

Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers.
Renee:)

1 comment:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Renee, I will be remembering you and yours in my prayers. All that is going
on is frightening.
I hope it is not as bad as they are predicting.
Take Care of Yourself.